Now I've completed a few test bases with terrain for my module board. The board I got for the modules wasn't quite as thin as I hoped and it's therefore a bit of an edge on each module. The good side to this is that warping will be a non issue, I'd like to see the paint that get 6 mm of wood to warp =)
But the downside is that it won't look as nice as in my head, not that basically anything ever does.
The modules I did this time is two of my adobe-style buildings and a module with a bit of vegetation on it, this is to represent some scrub or perhaps a area with some difficult terrain, depending on the game system and mood of the day.
I mostly did the same thing to the modules as I did to the table as a whole, same colour, same textured paint in the beginning, but I have finished them in a way I have not on the table, I've added some patches of static grass on them as well.
So far I'm quite pleased with the result, and I need to get some more of this going, and make myself a few more buildings so that I can make a nice little village on the table, and some areas with trees, and lots of other stuff.
Here's the first house, now with it's own base, looking all nice and done
The base with the vegetation got a bit of paint on it while I painted the base, but it turned out alright in the end as I got a bit more on there to make it blend into the base a bit.
And the last little house with a base, this got to use one of the walls I did as well, I thought I'd use the area that was provided, and I could not get both of the houses on the same base as I had originally thought, so the last house is standing baseless at the moment.
And some shots with my Imperial Guard acting as scale indicators