2015-03-29

Dropzone Commander: Scourge

About a year ago I got into playing some Dropzone Commander, but I haven't really got any good photos of the two armies I have.

The first one I got into was the Scourge, they are included in the starter box, so it was easy to get hold of the basics that you need for a army. To this I got myself a commander, some walkers and the dropships for them, and that's more or less it.

I painted them in a very simple way, with a silver base, streaks of two different green colours with the airbrush, and then I got into it with the brush and added some blue and red here and there and then a good wash over it all. This made the army quick to paint and I could make a batch of miniatures in just an hour or two. Great when you want to get playing and not painting for months before you get them on the field.

Here if first some overview of my entire collection



Then I took some close ups of different units











Then just for fun I loaded up my walkers into their dropships and took some more photos just of them, just because I can =)





Then I took some close ups on my commander, to show of the parts that you don't really see.






And that it for my Scourge for this time, next up will be my Shaltari.

6 comments:

  1. Impressive collection Ulf - I still remember the amazing stall that Drop Zone had at last year's Salute with a 3 meter long spaceship beaconing as the meeting point for all the fans of this popular game. Something to look forward to for your visit in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit afraid of the Hawk stand... they'll probably make me have to get more stuff... =)

      Delete
  2. Excellent stuff indeed. When will we see them in action?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll see the field again soon, I feel that I need to play this excellent game again.

      Delete
  3. very nice - love how the greens have blended together well - that's an airbrush for you and your skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's more luck than skill, but I did have a lot of luck on this army =)

      Delete