2011-06-21

Kings of War Undead

I've during the last few days spent some time with a few of my King of War miniatures, got thinking of it again after having it more or less dormant since the starterbox came out almost a year ago, during that time I painted up the skeletons that was included and did a few dwarfs as color tests.
This time I painted a few Wraiths that I bought about the same time as the startbox (think I even preordered it when they was announced) and the zombies that came with the box.

The Zombies are a bit fun in a way, on each sprue you really only get 3 zombies, but you get a few extra parts so that it's possible to make 4, if you just live with the fact that atleast 1 in 4 will be "missing" some vital part, such as legs (and in it's stead have a gooey trail) or upper body and in it's place have a spine and some intestines.

First of is the Wraiths, this is actually metal minis, something that Mantic Games is trying to avoid now, and use a type of plastic resin instead, but some units was released as metal, and then later recast in the resin stuff.
I painted them using the Armypainter dip, just a few colors and dip away, then I used Vallejos matt spray to dull them down, this was the first time I used that, and I thing I got a bit to much on here.

The zombies then, as can be seen I've opted for as many miniatures as possible, so I've used all the "spare" parts to make a few more or less whole zombies, but what does it matter, they are undead, it's not like the necromancer only takes the nice bodies he can find.





And thats that, until next time, when something else captures my mind and makes me paint again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment