2011-10-18

Table building - Part II

So, I've got a few spare minutes here and there to work on the table, and it's not that bad, since there are quite a lot of drying times between steps I still make some progress.

What has been done then?
Well, I've finished carving up the road thats going though the board, and I've also filled it back up again with filler, well, not all they way but part of it.
The rest of the board has also gotten a second layer of filler in many places, after the first round around the ice cream sticks it didn't cover up as much as I wanted, so another layer was called for.
And the last thing done so far is that I've covered more or less the entire board with some textured paint. The textured bit isn't that advanced, I just took a bit of wall paint we had over after repainting more or less the entire house and just dumped a bit of sand in it.

And here is what it looks like right now


If you are keen eyed you might notice that I show the same board in all the pictures, and thats because I only have one board to work on right now. The place I have for this is too small to allow me to work on more than one piece at a time, so I do one half of the board now and then I'll have to do the other.
 I hope this will not make them all to different, but I've already learned quite a few things in the process and I hope to be able to use some of them in the second part, as long as that doesn't make them all to different.

No comments:

Post a Comment