All in all it turned out quite nice.
I also experimented a bit with what color I used in the filler that I cover the entire building in for structure and base color all in one.
I also varied the amount of filler I used to get a feeling of a newer house and a older, more rugged house.
I also just noticed how the new house apparently don't have any door handles… This must be the new thing in anti-theft device, if you can't come in you can't steal anything, brilliant!
Other than that, there isn't much to tell. I'm getting to a quite good little collection of houses, a few more and I can more or less cover a 4' by 4' table in them.